- 1 cup(s) mashed sweet potato (leftovers from a casserole work well, too)
- 1/2 cup(s) unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup(s) pure maple syrup
- 4 tbsp(s) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp(s) vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp(s) pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp(s) baking powder
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped pecans + 12 pecan halves
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded coconut, divided
Tips and Suggestions
If you are going to freeze and bake later, do this after batter is divided into liners. Once the batter is frozen in the cups, you can seal in a Ziploc freezer bag. You will need about an extra 5 minutes on the baking time from the freezer directly into the oven.
Adapted from a recipe by Rachael Ray
Line a 12-muffin tin with paper liners. Set your oven to 400 degrees.
Melt your unsalted butter in the microwave. Set aside.
In a mixer, whisk your wet ingredients together. Next, add the dry ingredients, except 1/4 cup of the shredded coconut, until all are combined.
Divide the batter evenly among the liners and sprinkle each with coconut and place a pecan half on each.
Place in the oven for 20 minutes, although I would check it for doneness (toothpick). It might need an extra couple of minutes. Enjoy!