- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp(s) sugar
- 2 tsp(s) baking powder
- 1 pinch(s) salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup(s) 2% milk
- 2 tbsp(s) canola oil
- 3 medium ripe bananas, 2 mashed, save 1 for slices on panacakes
- 1/2 tsp(s) vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp(s) cinnamon
- 1/2 cup(s) macadamia nuts, chopped
- • OPTIONAL: Shaved coconut for garnish
In a small bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt and set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk milk, egg, bananas, vanilla and cinnamon. Add flour mix and whisk until combined. Fold in the nuts.
Pour by 1/4 cup onto a buttered or oiled pan or griddle over medium-high heat. Throw a sprinkle of water on to pan first. It sizzles when hot. Turn over pancakes when they show signs of bubbling--usually about 2-3 minutes. Pancakes are ready when they spring back from touch in the middle.
Slice 3rd banana and add to top of pancakes with a bit of shaved coconut. Enjoy with a coconut or other fruit syrup or just some pure maple syrup.