- 1 frozen 9" pie shell or 1 roll-out pie shell and a tart or quiche pie dish
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup(s) half and half
- 3/4 cup(s) grueyere cheese or a soft white cheddar, grated
- 1 cup(s) diced ham steak ( about 5-7 ounces) or 1 cup of cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 box(s) frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1/2 of a medium red onion, diced
- 1 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp(s) ground mustard
- 1 tbsp(s) olive oil
- salt and pepper
Tips and Suggestions
Substitute 1 cup of cooked bacon (crumbled) in place of ham. Add 1/2 cup of chopped red and green bell pepper, and saute with onion.
Set oven temp to 350 degrees.
Saute the red onion for several minutes over medium-low heat. Add garlic for another minute. Remove from heat.
Lightly beat 3 eggs in a medium bowl, then add milk, salt, pepper and mustard. Fold in the rest of the ingredients: cheese, ham, spinach, onion/garlic saute; pour into the ready-made pie crust or rolled out pie crust.
Bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees. Allow to cool about 10 minutes before serving.