- 1 cup(s) pre rinsed quinoa
- 1 cup(s) apple cider
- 1/2-1 tsp(s) fresh grated ginger (I find this optional)
- 2 cup(s) raw butternut squash, cubed, cooked then mashed to 1/2 cup
- 2 tbsp(s) broken pecan pieces
- 2 tbsp(s) dried cranberries (or cranraisins will work here)
- 1/4 cup(s) unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- maple syrup or brown sugar to taste
Tips and Suggestions
Keep refrigerated up to 5 days...add a bit of almond or coconut milk then microwave on high for two minutes. Add sweetener and enjoy!
Bring apple cider and grated ginger to a gentle boil in a small sauce pan. Add quinoa and reduce to simmer. Cook covered about 15-20 minutes or until you see most liquid is gone.
Meanwhile, add 1 cup of cubed butternut squash to a microwave safe dish with about 1/3 cup water. Cover with a paper towel and cook on high for 3 minutes. Stir and return to microwave on high for another 1-2 minutes or until very soft.
Mash with a fork then add to cooked quinoa along with the almond or coconut milk and stir, cooking another minute or two on low. Remove from heat and add cranberries and pecans. Serve with cinnamon, maple syrup or brown sugar.