- 1 (12 ounce) bag(s) fresh cranberries
- 1 can(s) Del Monte diced mango in water, drained (the cans are about 15 oz)
- 3/4 cup(s) orange juice
- 1 tbsp(s) fresh finely-grated ginger root
- 1 cup(s) diced red onion (about 1/2 of a medium red onion)
- 1/4 cup(s) packed light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp(s) unsalted butter
- 1 tsp(s) zest from an orange (finely grated orange peel)
Tips and Suggestions
Adapted recipe from Bobby Flay
In a small pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and ginger and cook until onion is softened, stirring often (a few minutes).
Add orange juice and bring to a gentle boil. Add 1/2 bag of cranberries. Cook, stirring often, until cranberries 'pop.' Add remainder of bag and cook an additional 5 minutes. Most of the cranberries should have popped.
Remove from heat and add about 1 cup or more if preferred of the well-drained, cubed mango. Mix gently. Top with orange zest. Serve at room temp or freeze.