- 3 lemon cucumbers
- 1/4 of a medium red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup(s) rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 3 tbsp(s) kosher salt
- 2 clove(s) garlic, sliced
- 1/4 tsp(s) coriander seed
- 1/4 tsp(s) black peppercorns
- 1 tsp(s) dried dill or 1 small bunch of fresh dill
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp(s) mustard seed
- 1 quart(s) canning jar or equivalent
Bring the vinegar, water and 2 Tbsp. salt to a boil. While you are waiting for the brine to heat up, slice your rinsed cucumber into 1/4 inch slices and set aside.
Layer your seasonings in the jar along with the onion, garlic, 1 Tbsp. salt, and the cucumbers.
As soon as the vinegar begins to boil, remove from heat and pour into your jar of cucumbers until all the cucumbers are covered. Allow the jar to cool; then refrigerate at least an hour before eating.