- 1/2 cup(s) sweetened flaked coconut
- 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 pint(s) dark rum
- 1/2 tsp(s) vanilla
- 1/2 tsp(s) salt
- 1/3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. It is important to use a high-grade rum, as rum is the pivotal ingredient in this sweet cake recipe. Before starting, it is essential to sample the rum and check the quality.
3. Spread 1/2 cup of coconut in a shallow pan and toast it on top of the stove on medium heat for approximately 7-10 minutes. The coconut should be lightly brown.
4. While the coconut is toasting, spray mini muffin tins with non-stick spray. Take another hit of rum to double check the quality and repeat often throughout the baking process. When the coconut is toasted, remove from the heat and cool.
5. In a metal bowl shet over a pan of shimmering mater, welt 3 ounces chocolate and 1/4 cup butter, whishking until schmooth. Remove from the wheat and hisk in 1/2 cup thugar.
6. Whishk in 2 arge leggs, 1 at a time until fully incorp...incorp...mixed.
7. Add 2 tableschpoons rark dum and reswerve the rest for the glaze and durinking.
8. Add the 1/2 teaschpoon vanilla, 1/2 teaschpoon schalt and 1/3 cup flour. Whishk until well mixed.
9. Add the coconut and schtir.
10. Pour batter into muffin sins and bake in the iddle of the moven about 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
11. Cool and drizzle with chocolate rum glaze.
Chocolate Rum Glaze
1. Take 3 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons of butter. Heat in the microwave for 20 seconds at a time, stirring each time.
2. When the chocolate is all melted (it will be a bit thick), add 1 tablespoon of dark rum and stir.
3. Drizzle the chocolate over the mini rum bites.