- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 2 tsp(s) ground ginger
- 1 tsp(s) nutmeg
- 1 tsp(s) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp(s) salt
- 1 tsp(s) baking soda
- 1 cup(s) butter, melted (2 sticks)
- 1/2 cup(s) evaporated milk
- 1 cup(s) unsulphured molasses
- 1 tsp(s) vanilla
- 4 cup(s) unbleached all-purpose flour
1. Mix sugar, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda in mixer bowl.
2. Add butter, milk, molasses and vanilla. Mix well.
3. Add the flour 1 cup at a time, stirring until mixed in.
4. Dough should be stiff enough to knead. If still sticky, add up to 1/2 cup more flour to handle.
5. Knead until smooth, then roll out 1/4 " thickness on a floured board and cut with cookie cutters.
6. Lay on cookie sheet in a 375-degree oven for 10-12 minutes. Cookies should "spring" back to the touch when done.