- 3/4 cup(s) shortening
- 1 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) molasses
- 1 large egg
- 2 cup(s) all-purposed unbleached flour, sifted
- 2 tsp(s) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp(s) ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp(s) ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp(s) salt
- 1 cinnamon
Tips and Suggestions
Ummm...a cold glass of milk for certain!
1. In a small saucepan, heat shortening until just melted; set aside and allow to completely cool.
2. Pour cooled shortening into mixer bowl and beat egg, molasses and sugar into it.
3. Add the rest of dry ingredients and form into 1-inch balls. Roll in sugar and place on ungreased cookie sheets 2 inches apart.
4. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Place on a cooling rack before storing.