- 1 box(s) yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup(s) blueberries
- 1/2 cup(s) blackberries
- 1/2 cup(s) raspberries
- 1/2 cup(s) pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) plus 3 Tablespoons fresh orange jucie
- 1 cup(s) powdered sugar
- Orange zest
Tips and Suggestions
1. Mix berries together to create mixed berry cupcakes.
2. Create different variations of syrup or glaze by using lemon juice, pineapple juice or other juices.
3. Some of our favorite combinations are raspberry cupcakes with orange glaze, raspberry cupcakes with pineapple glaze and blueberry cupcakes with lemon glaze.
3. Cupcakes can be individually wrapper in plastic wrap and frozen for two month. Freezing should be done prior to glazing and frosting.
4. Frozen cupcakes can be removed from the freezer, defrosted completely and slightly warmed in the microwave before brushing with syrup.
1. Prepare muffin tin with 24 cupcake wrappers.
2. Prepare cake mix, vegetable oil and eggs according to package directions.
3. Fill cupcake wrappers 2/3 full.
4. Insert 4-6 blueberries into 6 of the cupcakes. Repeat to make 6 raspberry, 6 blackberry and 6 pineapple cupcakes.
5. Bake cupcakes according to package directions.
6. While cupcakes are baking, prepare the syrup.
7. Remove cupcakes from oven.
8. While they are still warm make holes in the top with a skewer or toothpick and brush with the orange syrup.
9. When cupcakes are completely cool drizzle with glaze.
1. Heat 1/2 cup orange juice and sugar over medium heat until sugar is completely dissolved.
2. Continue to cook and stir the syrup for 3 minutes, then set aside.
1. Mix powdered sugar with 2-3 tablespoons of orange juice. Glaze should be just liquid enough to drizzle off a spoon. If glaze is too thick add more orange juice.