- 1 yellow cake mix
- 4 tbsp(s) butter
- 1 1/2 cup(s) brown sugar
- 12 ounce can(s) crushed pineapple
- 12 cherries
- 1 cup(s) cherry liqueur
- 1 clove
- 1 dash(es) nutmeg
Pineapple Upside Down Mini Cakes
1. Prepare yellow cake mix according to package.
2. In muffin tins put 1/2 tsp. of butter, 1 tbsp. brown sugar and 1 tbsp. crushed pineapple in each muffin cup. Add cake mix to 2/3 full.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
4. Cool, run a knife around the edges, and tip out so pineapple is on top. Garnish with half a maraschino cherry.
1. Put cherries into a container with a lid and add 1 cup cherry liqueur. Add a clove and dash of nutmeg. Store in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days to let cherries absorb the flavors.