- 45 medium plums
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 2 cup(s) sugar
- 2 cup(s) flour
- 2 tsp(s) baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp(s) ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp(s) ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cup(s) plum puree
Tips and Suggestions
Plum baby food may be substituted for plum puree.
1. Wash plums then place in a large pot of boiling water. Blanch for 20-30 seconds, until skins begin to crack.
2. Peel and pit plums then place them in a medium pot. Simmer for 1 1/2 - 2 hours until the plums are the consistency of thin apple sauce. Let it cool completely. Puree can be kept in the refrigerator overnight.
1. Beat eggs, oil and sugar until well mixed.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.
3. Fold in plum puree.
4. Spoon batter into muffin tins and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.