- 2 tbsp(s) olive oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced in thick rings
- 1 cup(s) ketchup
- 1 cup(s) water
- 2 tbsp(s) brown sugar
- 2 tbsp(s) rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp(s) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp(s) Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp(s) fresh ginger, grated
Tips and Suggestions
You can brown your meat first and use the fat instead of olive oil to add extra flavor to this sauce.
1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Add onions and cook over medium heat until starting to turn golden.
2. In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients except water, until incorporated. Add mixture to the skillet with onions.
3. Slowly add in the water a little at a time and stir until the mixture is smooth before adding more water. Repeat with remaining water.
4. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until sauce thickens slightly.