- 1/2 lb(s) halibut
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 2 tbsp(s) rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp(s) fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp(s) honey
- 2 clove(s) minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp(s) cumin
- 1/2 tsp(s) chili powder
- 1 tsp(s) Old Bay seafood seasoning
- ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp(s) finely chopped cilantro
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cup(s) cabbage
- 1 medium tomato
- 2 green onions
- 4 tbsp(s) sour cream
- 4 tbsp(s) salsa
Tips and Suggestions
You can substitute any other firm fish in place of halibut.
1. Finely chop cilantro, separating 1 tbsp. for the marinade and reserving the rest for topping the taco.
2. Place olive oil, rice wine vinegar, lime juice, honey, minced garlic, cumin, chili powder, seafood seasoning, black pepper and 1 tbsp. cilantro in a container with a lid. Shake it to mix.
2. Cut halibut into 1/2-inch strips and place in the marinade. Marinate for 1 hour, turning occasionally to coat the fish.
3. While the fish is marinating, chop cabbage, tomato and green onion.
4. Grill the halibut approximately 4 minutes on each side, turning strip gently to prevent breaking.
5. Prepare the tortillas to your liking, add fish, and top with cabbage, tomato, green onion, sour cream, salsa, cilantro and a squeeze of lime.
Recipe adapted from email@example.com