- 1 prepared pizza dough
- 2 tbsp(s) olive oil
- 1 clove(s) garlic
- 3/4 cup(s) lowfat fettuccini sauce
- 1 cup(s) mozzarella
- 1/2 cup(s) sharp cheddar cheese
- 6-8 slice(s) grilled canadian bacon
- 4-6 rings grilled pineapple
- 1/2 roasted red pepper
- 12 basil leaves
Tips and Suggestions
1. The key to keeping the crust from getting soggy is to get the top cripsy and apply olive oil before the sauce.
2. Heating all toppings before applying to the pizza ensures that everything is hot when the crust is ready. Using cold ingredients may result in an overdone crust and under-cooked toppings.
3. Turning the flame off under the pizza and using the flame on the other side of the grill creates an oven to continue baking and keeps the crust from burning.
1. Heat grill on high heat while preparing ingredients.
2. Coat a grill pan with holes with olive oil. Press pizza dough onto the pan spreading to the edges.
3. Turn heat down to medium setting and place pan on half the grill. On the other half of the grill place pineapple rings, red pepper, and Canadian bacon.
4. Heat fettuccine sauce in a small pan on the grill.
5. With the grill closed, cook pizza dough for about 8 minutes or until the bottom of the crust is lightly brown and crispy. Check often to prevent burning.
6. Move grilled items to a higher rack to keep warm.
7. Brush top part of crust with 1/2 of olive oil and flip it from the pan directly onto the grill. Now the cooked part of the crust in on top. This is where you will build the pizza.
8. Brush the top with remaining olive oil then add garlic, fettuccine sauce and most of the cheese. Arrange the rest of the ingredients on the pizza and top with the little bit of remaining cheese.
9. Cook with medium flame on closed grill until the crust is a bit crispy and has grill marks; then turn the flame off on the side of the grill with the pizza. The crust will still be doughy on the inside, so leave the other half of the grill on to retain heat to bake the pizza.
10. Cook for 12-15 minutes until cheese is melted and crust is done on the inside.