- 2 lb(s) package of corned beef
- 1 small head green cabbage
- 3 carrots, peeled and cubed
- 3 yukon gold potatoes, cubed
Tips and Suggestions
Cabbage wraps can be made ahead of time and then placed in a steamer and heated before serving.
1. In a large pot, prepare the corned beef according to package directions.
2. 15 minutes before the cooking time is finished add carrots and potatoes.
3. When potatoes and carrots are tender, remove and place in a strainer. Remove corned beef and set aside. Reserve liquid in large pot.
4. Bring liquid to a boil; add cabbage and cook until tender and pliable.
5. Drain cabbage. Place 2 full cabbage leaves on a cutting board. Place cubes of corned beef, carrots and potatoes toward one edge and then roll, tucking sides in like a burrito.
6. Serve plain, or with butter or a light gravy.