- 1 cup(s) dry rigatoni pasta (approx. 2-3 ounces)
- 1/3 cup(s) whole ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 clove(s) garlic
- 1 tbsp(s) Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp(s) lemon juice + pinch of lemon zest
- 3 tsp(s) olive oil
- 1 tsp(s) pine nuts
- 1 tbsp(s) Parmesan-Reggiano, shredded
- 1 tsp(s) salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp(s) black pepper
Tips and Suggestions
Adapted from a recipe in Sunset Magazine
Bring a medium pot filled 3/4 with water and 1/2 tsp. of salt to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to directions.
Meantime, in a food processor or blender, add garlic, parsley and 2 tsp. of olive oil then pulse to chop. Add 1/4 cup of the peas, ricotta, lemon juice, zest, remaining salt, and pepper, pulsing again to create a creamy puree.
When pasta has finished, set aside 2-3 Tbsp. of the pasta water. Drain the pasta and return it right away to the hot pot. Add the pea and ricotta cheese puree and mix until combined. Add the pasta water set aside to break up the sauce if too thick. Mix remaining peas in.
Dish up the pasta or enjoy from the pot after drizzling remaining 1 tsp. of olive oil, Parmesan cheese and pine nuts on top. Enjoy!