- 2-3 oz dried linguine or spaghetti noodles
- 1-1/4 cup(s) water
- 4-5 medium cremini mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) frozen peas
- 1 small zucchini squash, thinly sliced
- 1 small clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp(s) thyme
- 1 tbsp(s) heavy cream or half and half
- salt and pepper to taste
Tips and Suggestions
A perfect meal for one, complemented with a glass of Syrah
If you don't have a scale, the best way to determine 2 or so ounces of string pasta is to gather enough bunched together that the circumference is approximate to the size of a nickel.
Add all ingredients to a medium pan over medium to high heat. You may need to break pasta in half to lay in the pan. Bring to a boil and then lower to simmer for 8-10 minutes uncovered. Most of water should be reduced. Remove from heat and add the cream or half and half and cheese. Serve immediately or enjoy from the pan.