- 14 oz of any uncooked colorful short pasta or pasta shell
- 6 oz of thawed Quorn’s meatless tenders
- 4 tbsp(s) olive oil
- 1 cup(s) yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 3 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup(s) veggie stock
- 12 oz fresh and stemless spinach, chopped (wash well)
- 1/2 cup(s) basil pesto
- 1/4 cup(s) half and half
- desired amount of salt and ground pepper
- shaves of Parmesan cheese to top
Bring about 10 quarts of salted water to a boil and add your 14 ounces of pasta. Cook until al dente—usually about 10 minutes. When done, drain and let cool. Mix in a bit of olive oil to keep pasta from sticking.
Add half your olive oil to a pan over medium-high heat and brown both sides of your meatless tenders with a bit of salt —about 2 min. each side. Set aside.
Heat the remainder of your olive oil and sauté the onion and pepper for several minutes.
When your onion begins to brown, add the garlic and sauté another minute. Add the veggie stock and boil until liquid is reduced by half.
Now add the spinach and meatless tenders, and using tongs, turn repeatedly until the spinach is cooked, about 2 minutes.
Turn off the heat, and add your ground pepper and pesto. Finally add the half and half and combine all well.
Dump your cooked pasta into a bowl and add the contents from the sauté pan. Gently mix well with a rubber spatula. Top off with some shaved Parmesan cheese.