- 16 oz pork tenderloin
- 1/2 tbsp(s) dried oregano
- Olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 4.5 oz can chopped green chiles
- 1 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp(s) chili powder
- 1/2 tsp(s) cumin
- 1/4 cup(s) beer
- 2-3 tbsp(s) tomato paste
- 1 wedge of lime
- 1 tbsp(s) cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Rinse pork tenderloin and pat dry. Drizzle with olive oil and rub with oregano. Set aside.
2. Layer slow cooker with onions, tomatoes, green chiles, garlic, chili powder, cumin and beer.
3. Cook on low until pork is tender and easily pulls apart.
4. Remove the pork and pull it apart with 2 forks.
5. Before adding pork back to slow cooker, add tomato paste to thicken the sauce in the slower cooker.
6. Return pork to slow cooker for 30 minutes.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Just before serving add a squeeze of lime juice and sprinkle with cilantro.