- 1 lb(s) ground turkey meat
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup(s) bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup(s) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp(s) Montreal steak spice
- 1 tbsp(s) Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp(s) dried minced onion
- 1/2 tsp(s) garlic salt
- 1 tsp(s) parsley
- 2 tbsp(s) olive oil
- 1 jar(s) Basil marinara or favorite marinara
- hoagie rolls
- fresh or grated mozzarella and a few basil, julienned (optional)
Tips and Suggestions
Freeze what you don't eat--marinara and all--in a freezer-proof bag(s) or container(s) for subs or spaghetti.
Combine all except the last three ingredients. Mix until just combined. Don't over-work it by mixing repeatedly. Form 1-1/2 to 2" size meatballs (about the size of a golf ball) and place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
Place in a 375-degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until browned. Remove and place in a saute pan with the marinara. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Toast hoagie roll in a broiler (if desired) and add about 4 meatballs with some marinara. Top with some grated mozzarella and a bit of the fresh basil. Enjoy!