- 1 small zuchini, diced or cubbed
- 3/4 cup(s) cremini mushroom, sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) red and yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup(s) red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup(s) frozen or fresh green peas
- 1-2 clove(s) minced garlic
- 1-15 oz can diced tomato with juice
- 1/2 cup(s) red wine such as chianti
- 2 tbsp(s) olive oil
- 1 tsp(s) Italian seasoning
- 8 oz linguine
- salt and pepper to taste
- grated Parmesan cheese
Tips and Suggestions
A great vegan option!
Heat oil in a skillet over a medium temperature. Add onion, bell pepper, zucchini and garlic; cook until softened, about 5 min. Add wine, tomato (including juice), mushroom, peas and seasonings and stir until combined. Simmer covered about 20 min.
To 2 quarts of salted boiling water, add linguine and cook following package instructions. Place hot pasta in a dish and pour cacciatore over the top. Serve hot with some grated Parmesan cheese over each dish.