- 1 (5.6 oz) pkg(s) yakisoba noodles (refrigerated)
- 1/2 tbsp(s) brown sugar
- 1 tsp(s) fresh ginger, grated
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 cup(s) soy sauce
- 1 pinch(s) white pepper
- 1 tbsp(s) olive oil
- 1/2 of a small yellow onion, diced
- 2 small celery stalks, sliced diagonally
- 1 cup(s) shredded cabbage
Tips and Suggestions
Adapted from http://damndelicious.net2014/07/02/panda-express-chow-mein-copycat/
Gently whisk together the soy sauce, ginger, sugar, garlic and pepper in a bowl. Set aside.
Bring a small pot of water to boil.
Meanwhile, over medium heat, add oil to a small pan. When hot, add onion and celery and cook for several minutes or until softened. Add the cabbage and cook another minute then turn off the heat.
Add yakisoba noodles to boiling water for about 2 minutes, separating the noodles. Drain the noodles well. Add noodles and soy sauce mix to pan of cabbage, onion and celery and stir. Serve hot.