- 3 cooked bacon strips, crumbled
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp(s) salt
- 1/2 cup(s) mik or water
- 1 1/4 cup(s) flour
- 2 tbsp(s) butter
- 1/4 tsp(s) fresh sage, finely chopped
- small amount of lemon zest
Tips and Suggestions
Try other herb instead of sage to change the experience.
1. Fill a large pot 1/2 full of lightly-salted water and bring to a boil.
2. Mix all ingredients together.
3. Put a small amount of batter on the tip of a spoon and drop into boiling water, making sure not to crowd the dumplings.
4. Cook each batch approximately 5 minutes or until all the dumplings rise to the top.
5. In a small saute pan, heat butter over medium heat until golden brown.
6. Add sage and cook for 1 minute.
7. Remove from heat and toss with spaetzle.
6. Top with crumbled bacon and a small amount of lemon zest.