- 1 boneless pork loin chop
- 1-2 tsp(s) all-purpose flour for dusting
- 1/2 tbsp(s) canola oil
- FOR SALSA
- 1 small can of pineapple cubes, chopped
- 1/2 of a jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1/4 of a small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 baby red bell pepper (or half of a small red bell pepper), diced
- 1/2 handful(s) cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp(s) honey
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Pork Chop
Add the oil to a small skillet and place over medium heat. Pat your pork chop dry with a paper towel. Season with the salt and pepper and lightly dust with the flour. Cook each side until browned--about 4-5 minutes. Remove and place in toaster oven or regular oven on 350 degrees for an additional 10 minutes. (If preparing a thin pork chop loin in bone--cook each side about 3-4 minutes and serve).
For the Salsa:
Add all ingredients for the salsa in a bowl and mix until combined. You can do this ahead of time and let sit in the fridge. At least 15 minutes would be good.
Add salsa to pork chop and enjoy with a side of mashed potatoes or a garden salad.