- 1 large ear of corn, husked
- 1/2 cup(s) chickpeas, drained
- 1 small roma tomato, chopped
- 2 basil leaves, chopped
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Drizzle of white balsamic vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
1. Heat outdoor grill to medium high.
2. Rub ear of corn with olive oil and place on grill. Grill the corn just until grill marks appear. Rotate. Corn should still be firm, not cooked through. You can skip this step and use one small can of corn instead.
3. While the corn is grilling, put chickpeas and tomatoes in a bowl.
4. Remove corn from the grill and let it cool.
5. Remove corn from the cob and add it to the chickpeas and tomatoes.
6. Add basil and drizzle with olive oil and white balsamic vinegar. A bottled dressing could also be used.
7. Season with salt and pepper.