- 10 oz pre-shredded cabbage and carrot (roughly a bit more than half a 1 lb. bag)
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium crisp tart apple (such as granny smith), julienned
- SAUCE FOR SLAW
- 3/4 cup(s) mayonaise
- 1 tbsp(s) dijon mustard
- 1 small lime, juiced
- 1/2 tbsp(s) fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 tsp(s) chipotle powder
- 1 tbsp(s) sugar or honey
- 1 tbsp(s) apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp(s) poppy seed
Tips and Suggestions
A great complement to fish or pork.
Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl. In a second bowl, add remainder of ingredients and mix well. Add cabbage mix to the sauce and combine well. Allow to marinate in refrigerator for at least a couple of hours before serving.