- 1/2 cup(s) unsalted butter, softenend
- 1/3 cup(s) masa harina
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 1 1/2 cup(s) frozen whole kernel corn, slightly thawed
- 1/4 cup(s) cornmeal
- 1/3 cup(s) sugar
- 2 tbsp(s) heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp(s) salt
- 1/2 tsp(s) baking powder
- 1/4 cup(s) roasted red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp(s) cilantro, chopped
1. In a mixing bowl, beat butter until it is light and creamy. Add the masa harina and water then beat until well mixed.
2. In a food processor, process corn, leaving small chunks. Add corn to the butter mixture.
3. In a medium bowl, mix cornmeal, sugar, cream, salt, and baking powder. Add to butter mixture and combine. Spread batter in an ungreased 8 X 8 inch baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil and place pan in a 9 X 13 inch baking dish filled 1/3 of the way with warm water.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes. Corn cakes should be moist. Cool slightly before serving.