- 1 tbsp(s) olive oil
- 1/4 medium onion
- 2 chicken breasts
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 32 fluid oz chicken broth
- 1/4 cup(s) polenta
- 1 10- fluid oz can enchilada sauce
- 1 tbsp(s) tomato paste
- 1 4.5- oz can mild green chiles
- 2 tbsp(s) sour cream
- 1 tbsp(s) cilantro, chopped
1. Heat olive oil to medium.
2. Lightly season chicken with salt and pepper.
3. Sauté onions and chicken breasts until cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side. Set aside.
4. In a medium pot, bring chicken broth to a boil.
5. In a slow steady stream, pour in polenta and whisk in until incorporated.
6. Keep a steady boil for 5 minutes, whisking frequently.
7. Add enchilada sauce.
8. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, whisking frequently.
9. While mixture is cooking, dice chicken breasts and set aside.
10. Check soup for consistency. Soup will have a bit of texture from the polenta. For a smoother consistency blend soup with a blender then return to pot.
11. Add tomato paste and whisk.
12. Add chicken, onions and green chiles. Heat for 5 minutes.
13. Garnish with sour cream and cilantro to serve.