- 1 1/2 lb(s) ground turkey
- 3 tsp(s) olive oil
- 2 clove(s) garlic, finely-chopped
- 1 finely-chopped jalapeño
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 red bell pepper in 1-inch slices
- 1/2 tsp(s) cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp(s) coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp(s) ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp(s) kosher salt
- ground chili pepper to taste
- 1 cup(s) water
- 2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 8 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 can(s) corn
1. Chop onions, finely-chop garlic, finely-chop jalapeno (remove seeds).
2. Sauté onions, garlic, jalapeno in olive oil until soft.
2. Add turkey, cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper; cook until meat appears done.
3. Add red pepper (sliced in 1" strips), tomatoes, corn, and chicken broth.
4. Add water and seasonings to taste.
5. Simmer 20 minutes.
Note: I add other seasonings to taste. I’ve used fennel seed, dried Italian herbs, white pepper, paprika et al. The key is good cumin and coriander, and fresh jalapeño. You MUST season to taste.