There are so many gadgets for the kitchen. Just stand in front of the big wall of them at a Bed Bath and Beyond store and you’ll see what I mean. Many have made their way into my kitchen to assist me with my cooking endeavors, but only a few make it out of the drawer on a regular basis.
As I started writing this, I began to think about the tools that I use most often and that help so much.
Here is my list of the top 5 “can’t live without” kitchen gadgets
- 1. Mini Food Processor. My food processor from Cuisinart is probably one of the best purchases I’ve ever made. It’s small but mighty, and I use it for everything from chopping onion to creating a puree. I also have The Ninja and find it equally helpful with the stow-away containers and even chopping.
- 2. Garlic Press. I use mine nonstop. What am I trying to say here? Yes, I do keep the vampires away. So many dishes love garlic, and I prefer to send mine through the press rather than try to hand mince.
- 3. Meat Thermometer. I just couldn’t live without it. Never slice into your meat to see if it is ready—all those juices leave your cut of meat, and it dries out. Check for meat readiness by temperature and you will be assured a perfect meat entrée!
- 4. Hand Juicer. This is one of the greatest inventions and probably my favorite gadget. I love it like crazy!! They come in a couple of sizes and allow me to squeeze oranges, limes and lemons with ease. I don’t think a week goes by when I don’t have that juicer pulled out and ready for action!
- 5. Stainless Steel Pastry Blender: Made for cutting butter in pastries but I have found more uses since I don’t make biscuits or pastry dough too often. I use mine for making egg salad, mashed potatoes, and for chopping pretty much anything else relatively soft. It is easy and versatile, which makes it a winning gadget in my kitchen!
If you are like me, with the Christmas season approaching fast, it is time to think about those little office gifts. Why not consider a gadget, a recipe and maybe even some of the fixings all bundled up into one special gift for that Secret Santa or office gift exchange?
Start talking about gadgets! Tell us about your favorite gadget and be placed in the drawing for a FREE Ninja food processor on Jan 1st!