- 1 french loaf bagette, sliced into about 25-30 thin slices
- 1 can(s) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp(s) olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp(s) fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp(s) finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp(s) fresh rosemary herb, chopped
- a bit of ground pepper
- 1-2 clove(s) garlic
- 1 pkg(s) sundried tomatos, julienned
- 1 small container olive tapenade
- Parmesan cheese, finely gratedand added to liking
Tips and Suggestions
A great appetizer for any occasion.
In a food processor or blender, add the beans, oil, lemon juice, zest, pepper and rosemary. Combine until roughly smooth (a few pulses). Set aside.
Spread bread on a cookie tray and drizzle with olive oil. Place in a 350 degree oven until toasted, about 7-10 minutes. While hot, take a garlic clove and rub on each toast.
Spread a layer of the cannellini bean mix on each toast. Add a layer of olive tapenade followed by a couple pieces of tomato. Grate a bit of Parmesan cheese over all and serve.