- FOR THE MEATBALLS:
- 1 lb(s) Very lean ground beef
- 1 tsp(s) salt
- 1 tbsp(s) minced onion
- 1/4 cup(s) bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 can(s) pineapple chunks in natural juice--no sugar added
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- 2/3 cup(s) ketchup
- 1/4 cup(s) apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup(s) brown sugar
1. Take out 1/3 cup of the pineapple juice plus 1/2 cup of pineapple chunks; finely chop chunks and set aside.
2. Add all other ingredients for the meatballs; then add the chopped pineapple plus 1/3 cup juice.
3. Shape into 1 1/2 " balls (eyeball it).
4. Place in skillet or no-stick pan and add sauce: Mix ketchup, cider and brown sugar together. Add remaining pineapple chunks.
5. Cook for 25 minutes covered on medium heat.
6. Keep in skillet and add toothpicks for each meatball or heat up in microwave before serving.