- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup(s) unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1 cup(s) pure maple syrup
- 1 15- oz can pumpkin
- 1 tsp(s) cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp(s) ginger
- 1/4 tsp(s) nutmeg
- 1 tsp(s) salt
- 2 cup(s) flour
- 1 1/2 tsp(s) baking powder
- 1/4 cup(s) softened butter
- 1 tsp(s) vanilla
- 3 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 1/8 cup(s) milk
Directions for Pumpkin Donuts
1. In a medium bowl, mix eggs, applesauce, sugar, 1/2 cup maple syrup and pumpkin. Mix well.
2. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. Add to pumpkin mixture and combine.
3. Transfer donut mixture to a gallon-size Ziploc bag and seal it. Cut one of the corners off and pipe the donuts into a lighty-greased donut pan.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until donuts are lightly browned and firm. Cool a few minutes before removing from pan.
Directions for Creamy Maple Frosting
1. In a medium bowl, cream butter, 1/3 cup maple syrup and vanilla. Add powdered sugar a little at a time and mix well. Add small amounts of milk until you reach desired consistency. If you like a thicker frosting, place in the refrigerator for 1 hour before frosting the donuts.
If you desire a richer maple flavor, add more maple syrup and adjust the amount of milk added. Top with pecans or nuts to add crunch, flavor and texture.
Pumpkin Donuts adapted from kingarthurflour.com