- 2 cup(s) crumbled cornbread
- 1 cup(s) lightly-toasted or day old-bread, cubed (about 2 slices)
- 5 crackers--Tollhouse, Ritz or Saltines
- 1 cup(s) vegetable Stock
- 1 large celery stalk, diced
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced (dice all up and freeze half for another recipe)
- 1 large egg
- 4 tbsp(s) butter, warmed to room temp.
- 1/2 tsp(s) dried sage
- 1/4 cup(s) shelled pumpkin seed
- 2 tbsp(s) dried cranberry (optional)
- 1 tsp(s) salt and add pepper, to taste
1. In a small pot, combine cup of stock, celery and onion. Bring to a gentle boil and cook for 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
2. In a bowl or mixer bowl, beat eggs and add room temp. butter, sage, salt and pepper. Add cooled stock to bowl.
3. Combine cornbread crumbles, bread and crackers in a second bowl. Add your stock mix and gently combine.
4. Add cranberry and pumpkin seed last and pour all into an 8 X 8 buttered Pyrex or nonstick pan and place in a 375-degree oven. Check on stuffing at 30 minutes and every 5 minutes after. It is done when nicely browned on top.