- 3/4 cup(s) water
- 1/2 tsp(s) canola oil
- 1/2 cup(s) uncooked white rice such as basmati or jasmine, rinsed
- 1 small loaf pan or small oval casserole dish, buttered or greased
- 1/2 of a 14 oz can(s) pinto or black bean, rinsed
- 1/2 cup(s) plain store bought tomato marinara or canned sauce
- 1/2 of a small can(s) mild green chilies, chopped
- 3/4 tsp(s) chili powder
- 1/4 tsp(s) salt
- 1/3 cup(s) sour cream
- 1 cup(s) shredded mexican cheese mix
Tips and Suggestions
Don't know what to do with all opened jar of tomato marinara? Hey Good Cookin' offers many recipes that use it. Type it in as a search and uncover many delicious recipes!
Bring water to a boil and add the oil and rice. Cover and reduce to lowest temp (simmer) for about 15 -17 min or until the water is absorbed. Add the cooked rice a bowl and allow to cool a few minutes.
Preheat oven for 350 degrees.
Grease your small loaf pan or casserole dish and set aside. Next, add your tomato sauce or marinara, beans, green chilis, chili powder and salt to the cooled rice and combine all ingredients.
Next, begin to layer your dish. Take half this mixture and add to your pan. with a rubber spatula, smear half the sour cream over the top then half the grated cheese. Repeat.
Bake covered with foil for 30 minutes. Enjoy hot for dinner then lunch the next day!