- 2 cup(s) sliced Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 tsp(s) salt
- 3 tbsp(s) butter
- 1 clove(s) garlic, finely-chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) finely-chopped onion
- 1/4 cup(s) sliced mushrooms
- 5 tbsp(s) flour
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 1/2 cup(s) diced ham
- 1/3 cup(s) cream cheese
- 1/3 cup(s) sharp cheddar
- 1/3 cup(s) Colby-Jack
- 1/2 cup(s) seasoned bread crumbs
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 1-quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a medium saucepan, cover potatoes with water and 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil and gently cook for 8 minutes or until tender. Remove from stove and drain.
3 In a medium saute pan, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium low heat. Add the garlic, onion and mushrooms until tender and browned. Remove from the pan and set aside. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to saute pan until melted. Add flour, stirring until well blended. Add milk and whisk until thickened. Add the ham and most of the cheese, saving some to sprinkle on top. When cheese is completely melted, add the onion and mushrooms to the mixture. Gently stir in the potatoes until well coated.
4. Put in baking dish. Top with bread crumbs and remaining cheese. Bake until brown and bubbly, approximately 30 minutes.