- 1 box(s) or 1 quart (4 cups) prepared stock, vegetable, chicken or beef
- 1 cup(s) dried northern white beans (3 cups cooked)
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large carrots, sliced
- 2 tsp(s) rosemary, ground
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ham hock or 1/2 lb. bacon, optional
Tips and Suggestions
The leftovers beans can be transformed into Minestrone Soup on the second day and Ribollita on the third day. Look up both recipes under "All Recipes"
1. Sort beans for any pebbles, then soak in large pot overnight. Make sure beans are fully covered.
2. After soaking, drain and rinse beans and place in Crock Pot.
3. Add onions, carrots, rosemary, salt, pepper and enough stock to cover the beans by 2 inches, about 6-8 cups.
4. For additional flavor a ham hock or 1 pound of crumbled, cooked bacon can be added.
5. Cook on high for 1 hour, then turn to low and cook for 1-2 hours until beans are tender.
6. Add additional stock or water as needed, but only a little at a time.