- 1/2 of a small yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 of a (14 oz) can(s) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tsp(s) olive oil
- 1/4 tsp(s) salt
- 1/3 tsp(s) cumin
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 1 cup(s) mild or medium green salsa
- 1 cup(s) shredded mexican cheese
- 1 tbsp(s) cilantro, chopped
- 1 small bread or loaf pan
- OPTIONAL: dollop of sour cream
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Make your enchilada filling:
Place a small pan over medium heat. Add oil. When hot, add onions and sauté until soft, about 10 minutes. Mix in the beans, water, salt and cumin and lower heat to simmer several minutes.
Mash about half the beans with a wood spoon against the side of the pan. Set aside to cool.
Add 1/2 of your salsa to the bottom of your loaf pan with 1/2 T of the cilantro. Set aside.
Add half of the cooled enchilada mixture with a tablespoon or so of the shredded cheese. Fold the one end then take one side and begin folding, keeping the filling nice and tightly tucked in. Place in the loaf plan seam side down.
Repeat with remainder of filling and cover each with remainder of the salsa and cheese.