- 1 thin whole wheat or white pita bread (or 1 thick pita halved)
- drizzle of olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp(s) pizza sauce or tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) part-skim mozarella, sliced or shredded
- small amount of bell pepper cut into thin slices
- small amount of red onion rings, cut thinly
- 2 tbsp(s) feta cheese crumbles
- 2 tbsp(s) dried tomatoes
- 5-6 kalamata olives, halved
- 1 very small handful(s) arugula
Tips and Suggestions
Try a homemade pesto instead of tomato sauce for a different pizza experience.
Place a cookie sheet in oven and heat to 400 degrees.
Drizzle some olive oil on one side of pita bread and carefully place on hot cookie sheet. Leave in oven about 3 minutes to crisp a bit.
Remove pita bread and add toppings in order listed EXCEPT the arugula. Place in oven for approximately 8 minutes or until cheese looks melted and pita bread is slightly browned. Remove and add arugula. Cut with a pizza cutter and enjoy.
Reviews are closed.