- 2 chicken breasts with bone and skin
- 2 small carrots, sliced
- 2 celery sticks, halved then sliced
- 1 box(s) low or no sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp(s) each, rosemary and thyme
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cup(s) egg noodles
In a 2-quart Crock Pot or slow cooker, add lightly salted and peppered chicken breasts followed by carrots, celery, onion and garlic. Add spices and broth. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
For the last half hour, turn up temp to high. Remove chicken and discard skin and bones. Cube chicken and return to the slow cooker with noodles for last 10 minutes of cooking before shutting off and serving.