- 2 tbsp(s) butter
- 1/4 flour
- 3 chicken broth
- 1/4 finely-chopped onions
- 1/4 finely-chopped celery
- 1/4 finely-chopped carrots
- 1/4 finely-chopped russet potatoes
- 1/4 lb(s) sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 milk
- 3 flat beer
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 freshly chopped parsley
- 2 slice(s) bacon
1. Cook bacon until crispy and let it cool. Crumble for garnish.
2. Melt butter; then add flour and cook over medium heat until slightly brown.
3. Slowly add stock, and whisk constantly. Cook until slightly thickened.
4. Add vegetables and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in cheese until melted. Add milk and beer. Reduce heat at once. Add parsley and cook at reduced heat for another 5 minutes.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top each serving with bacon.