- 1 tbsp(s) canola oil
- 3/4 cup(s) chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped onion
- 3/4 cup(s) diced zucchini (optional)
- 1 can(s) any variety of black bean or favorite bean, drained and rinsed
- 1 can(s) any variety fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup(s) fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup(s) water or beer
- 1 tsp(s) cumin
- 1/4 tsp(s) chipotle spice
- 1 link of any brand of vegan chipotle sausage, diced
1. In a 3-qt. pan or pot, heat oil over medium heat.
2. Add bell pepper, onion and squash. Cook until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in remaining ingredients.
4. Heat until boiling; reduce and simmer about 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
5. Add diced vegan sausage to last 7 minutes of cooking.
6. Serve hot and enjoy with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt or low-fat sour cream.